Wednesday, March 28, 2012

He Said It

I’d give you the direct quote but it’s better for you to view this video uploaded to YouTube by San Diego mayoral candidate Nathan Fletcher, who not only announced he’s leaving the GOP but is embracing his Independence.

Unlike most Republicans running for office, Fletcher served in the military. He also supported ending DADT, which automatically makes him too liberal for the GOP.

San Diego deserves better than the same partisan bullsh*t from the likes of Bob Filner and Carl DeMaio. Fletcher’s currently tied for third place in recent polls, but this move and his track record might give him the boost his candidacy needs.

In the open primary only the top two candidates face off in November. I hope Fletcher is one of them.

1 comment:

Zebster said...

Not sure how I missed this post, RJ. I heard him being interviewed (forget by whom) and was sufficiently impressed. If he means what he says, he's my kinda candidate.