Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"I'm Mitt Romney, bitches, and I'm all you got left"

This is one of the best, and funniest, pieces I've seen written in a very long time.  It takes someone with the wit and balls of Charlie Pierce to pull it off.  If you don't read Charlie, well you should.  I see his stuff on my FB wall from Esquire.  I'm still LMAO at certain pieces, like the following:

"You think I'm worried that a bunch of cheap suits with BlackBerries are talking smack about me to some political fanzine? Do you think I'm concerned about the good opinion of a bunch of people that we'd have had pushing the snack cart around the sales floor at Bain? Do you think I care about the national ambitions of that zombie-eyed granny starver I put on the ticket? That guy really thinks I mean all that stuff about opportunity and free enterprise. You know what's free about free enterprise? No, you don't, fools, because you... don't... speak... Money. I do, and, well:
I'm Mitt Romney, bitches, and I'm all you got left."

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/romney-speech-after-secret-tape-12824014#ixzz26rui54Hs

So I really encourage you to read Charlie on a regular basis and I'll live you with this additional teaser:  "Put me on a podium in front of an auditorium full of mouthbreathers I wouldn't hire to park my car and I turn into an ice sculpture. But put me in a room with sentient piles of currency"...

And I wanted to share this great political cartoon:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious!